Monday, May 31, 2010

Anamika


I am a shy boy !  

Anamika is her name.
I have known her,
Talked with her for long,
Played chess with her,
Walked with her on school play ground track
Been to her home with friends.

I park my cycle near hers.
Frequently peep in the play ground
And visit library
To see if she is around.

Every time I cross her
In school lobby or on playground,
My heart beats play salsa.
In that fraction of the moment
When our eyes meet
Her eyes are searching deep in mine,
Something…..
That I been trying hard to say
But too nervous….
Always!

*

 I am a Man…

She is coming
Confident,
Gracefully walking,
Long strides, hair bouncing,
Bosoms pounding.
My heartbeats tune to the
Pace of her body.

As she comes closer
I feel warmer….
Longing for those few moments
When I am no more
And she does not exist…..
For both melt in those moments.

Anamika is her name.

*
Now that reverse count has started….



Pain in back & neck & knee…
That makes her face twist
Pierce deep in my heart,
Prayers arise in silence.



My hand reach out for hers….
She slightly squeezes my hand
To let me know
That she knows how I feel.

Anamika is her name.

18 comments:

The Dark Lord said...

Ah, you narrate a story of a lifetime spent in love.. delightful!

floreta said...

this is really cute! and i love the name anamika. i've never heard it before.

SandyCarlson said...

Such a very beautiful testimony of love!

Ramesh Sood said...

Harshaji, it's just brilliant.. and it's lasting.. so touching and beautiful..loved it.. God also would be feeling happy on your depiction of LOVE..

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful! The amazing and wonderful faces of love.

Anonymous said...

awesome sir ji.....
i m speechless....
visit my blog for my new poem....

PremI said...

Different stages....
Different feelings...
Different experiences....

But,

Love remains the same....

PremI said...

I notice that nowhere in the poem word LOVE is used. Yet it is floating all the way. It is transmitted and felt.

Love this post.

Harshad Mehta said...

@ floreta : Anamika means ‘one with no name’ in spiritual terms ‘one with no identity - egoless’

Amity said...

I could feel it...I mean, don't we?

true, no love seen in the poem but it's so overflowing for every line you wrote!

Ramesh Sood said...

Thanks Harshad ji for visiting Soul's Journey Back Home.. your depth reflects in your comments and your creations.. that's so very inspiring. I am indeed grateful..

Sherri B. said...

Your words took me on a journey and brought tears to my eyes. How lucky you both are to have such an enduring love. Beautiful!

Beyond said...

beautiful.. wonderful... brilliant.. the transition that you have put in words.. This came after a long time. But I feel it is your masterpiece till now.

Harshad Mehta said...

Thank you all.

I am glad you liked my poem.
Your comments help a lot.
Please stay connected.

Saumya said...

indoubtedly a masterpiece...it's wonderfull...reached directly to the heart.....so pure,so lovely....loved it!

gabrielle said...

Anamika, the "one with no name". Pure magic how such an intimate story becomes universal. What a beautiful journey!

D2 said...

An beautiful story, beautifully told.
And I salute thee for such devotion that created this testimonial to love.

commited to life said...

beautiful
amy the eternity live forever