Sunday, April 3, 2011

Virus

Virus

I have no date of birth, nor do I have any place of birth.
I flow freely & no boundaries can contain me.
I am powerful & spread like wild epidemic
Virus that spread me reside in idle minds.

I give sleepless nights. I make many feel guilty.
I make many hide their faces. I shake confidence of many.
I give heartburns & I break hearts.
I break relationships. I ruin careers.
I make many shed tears.

Goal focused activity & creativity are my foes.
Best way to make me powerless is to ignore me.

They may call me
Rumor,
Scandal,
Hearsay or just chit-chat.

GOSSIP is my name.

--
(OSI Prompt : Epidemic)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a perfect way to describe epidemic, and the worse kind of epidemic! The cure is also perfect!

Ramesh Sood said...

Absolutely great... Harshadji.. lesser advanced life forms...(.a term used by Richard Bach in Illusions) love to indulge in such a passtime.. but then what can do..simple.. ignore..don't give a damn.. and keep moving.... its wisdom spilled here on you page ..Harshadji..and I am happy to get soaked..

Linda Jacobs said...

I like how you personify gossip! It is such a lethal epidemic!

Geraldine said...

Oh this is good!

Happy Sunday, G


http://www.takeahappybreak.com/2011/04/update-on-personal-power-symbols-post.html

Lisa at Greenbow said...

These are often epidemic. Too bad more love isn't epidemic.

SandyCarlson said...

Well done. Well said.

Thank you.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Excellent job! I loved it!

shail said...

You have put that down in a terrific way :) Best to ignore all those rumors and they lose their power! :)

Patti said...

WOW! That was good- and SO very true!

Sherri B. said...

You have written about gossip in such an clever way! I truly enjoyed this.

gabrielle said...

Gossip can take on a life of its own!

PremI said...

A virus prevalent in society since ages.

Nicely put......