Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dream


D r e a m

It must be there
Buried
Deep beneath where
My awareness could not reach.

Surfaced in my unawareness
Touched my heart,
Filled me with affection
I had known only playing in his lap
But not since then

In the morning, still
Traces of that experience lingering within, I
Searched and found old family album
Looked at my uncle’s picture and
Thanked him
For visiting me last night.

It must be there
Buried
Deep within,
What I had known playing in his lap
But not since then.

Flying happens only in dream
--------

Poem dedicated to NANA KAKA.

------
OSI Prompt : Dream

11 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Ah, yes. I know such dreams. Beautifully done.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I have had such visits. You have stirred up some wonderful memeories.

Ramesh Sood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

so beautiful...!!

Ramesh Sood said...

Removed my earlier comment Harshadji.. spelling mistakes..so many..

Well I loved the tribute you paid to your uncle.. so beautiful..

Nanka said...

Albums can be nostalgic and bring about feelings of longing for familiar things and persons. Nicely done!!

Jyoti Mishra said...

awesome expressions..
u just took me to the fairyland :)
Nice read !!

Jim said...

Harshod, I am glad that this was a pleasant experience for your poet. So many like that are a horrible nightmare burried deep within.
Your poem shows there can be another side to what often turns out bad.
..

Unknown said...

what a lovely ode to a man you clearly adore.
http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2011/08/08/new-reality/

miss pie said...

isn't life wonderful!!! .... bringing to light the love of another is priceless....

PremI said...

Yes.How far one may be...
Love and affection...
It remains...buried deep within!