Sunday, August 14, 2011

One Single impression: Silence


One Single impression:   Silence

On a garden bench
After morning walk,
Relaxed
I see…..

A quill floating in the air
Drifting slowly up
and down

A butterfly with green and red spots
Passes over my head
Then goes on to flower near,
A call of cuckoo
Soon answered by his mate,
Two friends on a bench next
Sharing a joke…laughing loudly

Cool morning air
Passing through my nostrils
Touching deep into my stomach
……….Making me
Lighter
Lighter…..

Floating with quill
Slowly up
And down……..
Flowing …….with flow
-----
OSI prompt: Silence 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

quiet ...lovely!

Anonymous said...

quiet ...lovely..!!

Scarlet said...

a tranquil poem...lovely ~

PremI said...

hmm... lovely!
Keep floating... cool and relaxed. :)

Anonymous said...

I got all relaxed just reading this beautiful poem.

seasideauthor said...

I find your poem to be very peaceful I can picture my self in this garden. Nice read. Thank You

seasideauthor said...

I find your poem to be very peaceful I can picture my self in this garden. Nice read. Thank You

Anonymous said...

"lighter, lighter" how beautiful this was a thrill to read!

gautami tripathy said...

Beautiful verse...

dead woman returns

Tarang Sinha said...

Nice poem & refreshing imagery.

Pam said...

I felt my breath matching the rhythm of this poem-- so quiet and peaceful.

Kathie Brown said...

I love this! How often I feel this way also, escaping into the atmosphere around me. Nicely done.

Lolamouse said...

So tranquil and beautiful. I would love to be in that scene.

Patti said...

I LOVE moments like that! You captured it well- silence is a wonderful thing~~~

Pri said...

loved the serene imagery, this piece manages to create :)

beautiful!!!