Saturday, December 1, 2012

I am Just a tree


Stationary & Silent
Observing & marveling

Feeling breeze & rain
Warmth of sun & coolness of moon

Receiving my food
And what it takes to LIVE
Right here

Enjoying all that nature has to offer,
That is why I am here
That is how I live &
That is how I pass away

Fruits, seeds, leaves & shadows
Are results of my being,
Not my anxiety
if they are useful

I am just a tree



I wonder about this man
Always on run!

Food, house, Relationships, Status…
So much to “maintain”
Run, run & run…..

Trying to earn his living
When will he realize it is a gift?

When will he evolve to know
There is no need to possess to enjoy?

When will he learn to be still?
When will it occur
What he runs for will find him
Once he is still?

When will he learn to be just a man?

I am just a tree

*
(Picture credit: FreeFoto.com)

OSI Prompt : Tree
        

8 comments:

WritingsForLife said...

That is such a beautiful metaphor! Very well done :-)

Harshad Mehta said...

Thank you Raaji. Nice to see you in this space. Thanks.

Amrit Sinha said...

"Trying to earn his living
When will he realize it is a gift?"

This is so true. Well done !!!

SandyCarlson said...

May we learn! Beautifully done.

Anonymous said...

wonderful words...!

Geraldine said...

we can learn so much from trees. thanks for a wonderful inspiring prompt this week.

The Write Girl said...

I love the wisdom in this poem. These lines are my favorite "What he runs for will find him, Once he is still?" Thank you for inspiring us at O.S.I. this week.

Jim said...

Like a tree isn't all bad, is it?
Thank you for this nice prompt, Harshad. I had a fun write with it.
..